Plasma Torch 3 Jig Set
Includes Rip Guide, Circle Cutter and Standoff, select sizes for each below
Plasma Torch Rip Guide
- Born out of necessity. Could not locate any 16ga angle locally. We needed to make about 500′ of that angle by quarter ripping 16ga 2 x 3 tubing. First attempt was freehand. 2nd attempt was with a straight edge guide. Both were disappointing and would have led to a huge amount of grinding. Needed a guide with a fence like you would have for a Circular Saw. To our surprise we couldn’t find one so we started making this Rip Guide. The rips came out really clean. Very little grinding needed. About 6″ of warp on a 10′ section which was easily straightened.
- Started making these in 2009. Have sold a few thousand and shipped to at least 25 countries.
- Pretty much does for a Plasma Torch what a base does for a Circular Saw or Router. Adds stability and a fence if needed.
- If you need more control of your Plasma Torch whether to rip tubing, size plates, freehand designs or fabricate parts this jig helps. Adds stability and control. Maintains tip clearance from work piece extending nozzle life.
- Very flexible. Can be configured a lot of ways.
- Uses 3/8″ 6061 Aluminum rod for the components to attach to. Ships with (2) 3/8′ x 2 7/8″ and (2) 3/8″ x 7 7/8″ rods. Longer 3/8″ rods can be purchased local to extend the frame. Shown in one of the pics. Even wood dowels could be used to extend.
Plasma Torch Circle Cutting Guide
- Adaptable to different torches
- Uses a double “V” system to keep torch tip centered and a torch collar to maintain tip depth
- The collars come in multiple sizes, increments of 1/10 inch. See video and images. You want to order the collar size for your torch where you want to install it.
Plasma Torch Standoff
- Keeps your tip off cutting surface
- Provides stability and a good edge to place against a guide
- Threaded 1/4″ x 20 so you can make your own attachments if you need
- Available in increments of 1/10 inch inside diameter to fit any torch. Just order the correct size for your torch.
For help on where to measure go to Support / PlasmaHelper Measuring.
Contact US if you have any questions.